Hello All! My name is Megan and I am one of the Interactive RAs. I work at Ramapo College of New Jersey as a Resident Assistant. At Ramapo, there is a list of 100 things students should do before they graduate and some of them can be applied to any school.
So, here is my reduced list.
1. Introduce yourself to all of your neighbors.
2. Take time to stay in contact with your family and friends back home, as well as time to form new friendships in college.
3. Take a fun elective outside of your major/concentration.
4. Take a class that interests you, even if it’s at 8am (or the earliest class time) and with a difficult professor.
5. Make the Dean’s List.
6. Study abroad for a semester, summer or spring break session.
7. Go to a sporting event on campus all decked out in school spirit!
8. Trick or Treat wherever your school’s president lives.
9. Go for a coffee run at 2am (in preparation for those possible all nighters that you may pull)
10. Go to some sort of late night dining–at least once.
This list can vary based on where you go to school. Good luck and remember that whatever you do, ALWAYS HAVE FUN! =)
** 7-26-11: Previously, number 2 was: “Play a prank on your roommates/friends (and learn to laugh when one is played on you!)” I have changed this because I realized that this may be construed as endorsing pranks that are more than innocent. To stop any confusion, I have now changed number 2 on the list. I apologize for any misinterpretation this may have caused. Please see the new item in bold. Thank you. **