There are a lot of activities, stresses, worries, and anxieties as freshmen move onto college campuses. Here is a checklist of things you should try to accomplish these first few weeks of school.
1. Explore campus. Get to know the area–where the best dining halls are, the best way to get to class, etc.
2. Meet with your Professors. See them after class and introduce yourself to them. Stop by their office hours if you have difficulty with a certain assignment. Ask for tips for succeeding in their course or ask for career advice. Professors love it when you come to them.
3. Join a club. Attend your college’s club fair and sign up for a club that interests you.
4. Go to the gym. Stay active by taking Zumba, spinning, yoga, or just doing weights. Inquire about intramural sports if that is what interests you.
5. Utilize your RA. Stop by and see how they are doing. Fill them in on how you are adjusting to college life. Ask them for help when you need it.
What are some other goals you want for yourself this semester/quarter? Write them down and post them somewhere you can see them every day. Writing them down will help you achieve them faster.