Hello Everyone! So I hope your first few weeks of college are going well. By this time you have figured out where your classes are located, know whats good to eat in the dining hall, and maybe even had your first exam. So a very important part of college is how you are going to pay for it. Well, I have a few tips regarding financial aid and work study.
1. What is Work Study? Well Work Study is a form of financial aid that is given through your university. You are given a specific amount of money and that money is automatically taken off your college bill. You then will work for your university someway and get paid for working there. So you will get a weekly paycheck until your alotted money runs out.
2. Sign up for a work study job your interested in. I worked in the chemistry department and passed out lab equipment. You could work at your school gym, or even in the residence hall. But work somewhere you like. If you dread going to work you will never go. Which leads to….
3. Go to your work study job! You are getting paid and you most likely will have a chance to do homework. What is better then getting paid to study?
4. Sign up early for your work study job. The good jobs get taken early and then your left with a job you hate (see tip 2). Also, your only have that semester to earn the money you are alotted. So if you don’t earn all of the money you may be given a smaller amount next time you apply for financial aid. So use it or lose it.
5. Don’t be afraid to talk to the people at financial aid! The people who work in financial aid are use to answering questions from students. So stop on in if you have any problems please ask 😉
6. Know when next years FASFA is due. March 14th is the magic number. Its early to think about it now but mark it in your calendar now so you don’t forget to submit your FASFA. Early is always better for FASFA and January 1st is the first day you can submit it.
So that is a few tips on financial aid and work study. If you have any questions about your finacial aid office at your university please go see them. Or if you have any other general question please